sâmbătă, 9 martie 2013

Basket with flowers

     First of all I would like to apologize to all my followers for this long gap in posting, I was far from the blog for a long time, being busy making "martisoare", presents for 1st of March and for 8th of March (International Women's Day) and as well making preparations and participate at the two week ends of handmade market "ILoveHandmade" at Palatul Şuţu in the downtown Bucharest.
     As wel there were couple of orders I had to onorate, all of them came in a short time, one of them I will present it to you today, called "Basket with flowers".
     The first problem I encounted it was that I did not have the proper basket, there was a 15 cm regular wicker basket in my house, bought for some other purpose, without handle as per requirement of the client, so I was searching for a solution, I did not find in the stores I've been, so, I found some balsa wood, I cuted a 2 cm wide strip then I put it in the water to make easier giving the desired shape. I prepeared the basket, making two layers of cardboard inside to make the suport for the "topping", I mean the quilled flowers. I'll let the pictures speak for themself. Enjoy!

















10 comentarii:

  1. saw this on Facebook ,and still think it's beautiful, like how you made the handle and the flower on it !!
    Paula

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  2. Outstanding! love the design, leaves over the edges, all the flowers, beautiful basket of flowers!

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  3. Lovely work! I am wondering how you made the rose?!?

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  4. Thank you Maria, you chose the wrong flower to ask about, the rose is the only one I bought it (as per requirement of the client, she wanted such a rose in the basket), that one is just plastic, all the others are quilled flowers

    RăspundețiȘtergere

please leave your comment here...